Thursday, July 20, 2017

Wood Textures Note

Happy Friday-Eve! Almost the weekend...wahoo!! I hope you are having a good week. Yesterday my son and I tackled organizing and purging his playroom. What a job that was! It took us the entire day, but both of us are thrilled with the result. First thing this morning, before even heading downstairs for breakfast, he went in and sat down and said "Ahhh...I love this". Now we'll see how long it stays neat and organized!

Today I have another of the projects we'll be making at tomorrow night's Suite of the Month class. As you're likely aware, this month I am featuring the Wood Textures Suite...


I love the homespun vibe of this card. The woodgrain background definitely sets the stage on this one. I used one of the many options in the Wood Textures DSP pack and heat embossed in white the floral image from the Wood Words stamp set. Then I layered half of a Delicate White Doily over top, ensuring that the floral image was peeking out from behind.

The rooster and sun images are also from the Wood Words stamp set and are stamped in Night of Navy and So Saffron inks respectively. I used a 2" circle punch to punch the stamped images and then layered it on a punched starburst in Night of Navy card stock. I layered that on a 2-1/4" circle in So Saffron. The sentiment, also from the Wood Words stamp set, is stamped in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White card stock. I used lots of embellishments on this card to help give that homespun flavour. The 1/2" gingham ribbon in Night of Navy is fantastic and super-easy to tie into a bow. I also added some copper accents with metallic thread behind the focal image and a few scattered copper sequins. The final touch was a little wooden heart from the Hearts and Stars Elements.

I kept the inside fairly clean to allow lots of room to write. I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the floral image in Night of Navy ink in opposite corners.

It's not too late to get in on my class tomorrow evening. Click HERE to visit my events page and then click RSVP to reserve your seat!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00

2 comments:

  1. Leena, This is a great card! Hope it's OK to case. I know my ladies would love to make it! I really like the white embossed flowers on the woodgrain! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! Feel free to CASE away. I am just a little bit addicted to the Wood Textures paper these days ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...