Sunday, July 9, 2017

Live with Passion

Wow! What a busy weekend! I had my quarterly team training day with my Tri-City Stampers friends on Saturday. I absolutely adore each and every one of those women and it is always good to spend time together. We had some fun creating Christmas cards...yup...Christmas in July! More on those later this week.
Today I have the final project for my Tools for Girls: Embossing Paste 101 class which happens tomorrow evening. This is my favourite of the bunch!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the colour Lemon Lime Twist?? It is the perfect party colour and pairs well with so many of my favourite shades. Here I mixed up two different shades of embossing paste: Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist and applied them against Basic Black card stock. I love the way the colours pop!

To create the dragonfly I first stamped the image from the Dragonfly Dreams set in Basic Black and then stamped the wings, inking my stamp with Lemon Lime Twist first and then applying Bermuda Bay ink with a sponge dauber. I die-cut it using the Detailed Dragonfly thinlits and then cut another gold foil dragonfly to layer over top. To create the leaves I watercoloured a scrap of watercolour paper using Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay ink with an aquapainter. Once the paper was dry, I die-cut the leaves using the Eclectic Layers Thinlits. The sentiment is from the Beautiful You stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black ink and punched out using the Pretty Label punch. I matted the punched label with gold foil.

The only embellishments on this card are some gold metallic enamel dots and a bit of gold metallic thread.

On the inside I added a panel of Whisper White card stock on which I stamped one of the sentiments from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set in Basic Black. I added the background image from the same stamp set, once again inking the stamp with Lemon Lime Twist and then adding Bermuda Bay ink with a sponge dauber.

It's not too late to register for Monday's class. Drop me a quick email to let me know you're coming before Noon on Monday and I'll save you a seat!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Leena, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love love love those colors and how they pop on the black! thank you for sharing such good directions--I want to CASE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Susan...I love the vibrant colour against the black too! I hope you have as much fun making this card as I did!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...