Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Merry Reindeer Wishes

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a good week...we are halfway to the weekend...wahoo!! I am super-excited for this weekend as I'm heading down to Virginia to spend some quality time with my BFF Michelle Suit. We're attending a leadership training event together and I can't wait. Lots to do over the next couple of days to get ready to go!

Since I am celebrating Christmas in July this week, I have another holiday-themed project using the awesome products from the Be Merry Suite in the Annual Catalogue. I know many people wait to start on Christmas projects until the Holiday Catalogue comes out, but there are many FABULOUS products in the Annual Catalogue for year-round Christmas stamping. Check this out...

I am a traditional kinda gal at heart when it comes to Christmas, so the colours in this suite really appeal to me. I used some Be Merry DSP for the background, as well as a strip of Wood Textures DSP for the rustic banner accent. The reindeer from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set is stamped in Early Espresso ink on more Wood Textures DSP and the die-cut using the Stitched Shapes framelits. I layered the die-cut circle on a scalloped copper foil circle I die-cut using the Layering Circles Framelits.  I love stamping on DSP...especially these wood-grain patterns! I did the same for my greeting, stamping a sentiment from the Oh, What Fun stamp set in Early Espresso ink once again.

I think my favourite things about this card are all the little embellishment touches. I first added some die-cut pine boughes, but with the Pretty Pines thinlits, in Garden Green and Pear Pizzazz. Then I used a couple of stars from the Hearts and Stars Elements. Naturally, I glammed them up with my clear Wink of Stella ;) I also added some Pearl Basic Jewels that I coloured with an alcohol-based marker...I think the look a bit like berries. I used some Cherry Cobbler 1/4" Double Sitched Ribbon for another pop of red.

On the inside, I added a Whisper White card stock panel on which I stamped a greeting from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set in Early Espresso ink. I added one of the garland images from the same set in Garden Green and then a few more little coloured pearls.

This one will likely find its way into my class line-up this fall...it's one of my fav's so far!

Have a wonderful Wednesday :)


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...