Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Rustic Birthday

Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well. I can't believe we're already into the third week of summer holidays...where did the past two weeks go?? So much to do and so little time before the school bell rings again in September!
Today I have one of the projects I designed for my upcoming Wood Textures Suite class. It is super-simple, but I love it:


See? I told you it was simple...but that copper embossing on the wood textured DSP...*swoon*...love it! To create this look I simply stamped the floral image from the Wood Words stamp set several times on the DSP using Versamark ink. I sprinkled it with copper embossing powder and then heated to reveal the beautiful coppery shine. I layered the embossed panel on an Early Espresso card stock base.


The sentiment is a single stamp in the Label me Pretty stamp set. I stamped it in Versamark ink on Very Vanilla card stock and once again heat embossed in copper. I punched the label using the coordinating Pretty Label punch. I matted the label on a copper foil oval that I die-cut using the Stitched Shapes framelits. The only embellishment on this quick and easy card is a little bow made from 1/4" Copper Trim.

On the inside of the card I added a Very Vanilla panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set and more of the floral image from the Wood Words set using Early Espresso ink.

This card has a huge WOW factor thanks to the gorgeous copper embossing, yet is quick and easy to put together. Gotta love that!



Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

5 comments:

  1. This is really a beautiful card. I love the copper embossing powder, it gives such elegance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! I absolutely love copper embossing on the Wood Textures DSP. It just gives such a WOW and is SOOO easy!

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I love your work Leena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Arlene. I am honoured that you take the time to visit and comment on my work. It makes my heart happy :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...