Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Five Months From Today...

...is Christmas Day!! Sorry for that little reality check, but we crafters have to plan ahead! That's why I'm already playing with ideas for Christmas projects and cards. (That and the fact that once school starts in September I will be a VERY busy gal!) Tonight I'm hosting my sold-out Christmas in July Stamp-a-Stack, complete with Christmas cookies and festive music. I thought I would share one of the projects we'll be making with you...


I used several products from the Be Merry Suite in the catalogue for this project. Aren't you glad that Stampin' Up gives us lots of great holiday options all year long? That cute little deer is from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set. I stamped him in Early Espresso ink on a piece of Wood Textures DSP and then die-cut an oval using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I then stamped some pine branches from the Christmas Pines stamp set in Garden Green ink around the edges and layered the stamped oval on a copper foil scalloped oval, did-cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits.

The Whisper White background panel is embossed using the Woodland TIEF. I then added a 1-1/2" strip of Be Merry DSP along the bottom edge and added some 1/4" Double Stitched Cherry Cobbler ribbon. I die-cut a couple of pine branches from Garden Green card stock using the Pretty Pines Thinlits and added them behind the focal image prior to adhering it to the front of my card using dimensionals. The sentiment is from the Oh, What Fun stamp set and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink. The only embellishment is a little star from the Hearts and Stars Elements.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Christmas Pines stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink and more pine branches using Garden Green.

Now, today is also the day that we demonstrators get our first peek at products from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue. I can't wait to see what crafty goodness Stampin' Up has to offer this season!

Have a merry, 5-months-till-Christmas day!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Really cute card. Like the deer stamped on the woodgrain oval. Glad your event was sold out--hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...