Thursday, August 14, 2014

Birthday in the Stars

Are you tired of birthday cards yet?  Hope not!  We still have another day in my week-long Blog-a-versary celebration :) 
Today I have another cheeky birthday card I made using the Age Awareness stamp set and the new Hearts and Stars Decorative Masks...

Birthday card featuring the Age Awareness stamp set and Hearts and Stars Decorative Masks.
Like the colour scheme?  I totally CASE'd it from the Annual Catalogue!  I was stumped for a fun, masculine colour combo, so I turned to pg. 50, which is where this stamp set is listed, and lo and behold, the perfect colour combo for my project!  Gotta love a little inspiration ;)

I used the stars mask to stencil the background using Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive ink with sponge daubers.  I added some baker's twine and a couple of glimmer stars for embellishment, not wanting to bling it up too much, given that I wanted something appropriate for a birthday BOY. 


The cool thing is that this colour combo could really work for anyone...gotta love versatility! 

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Age Awareness set and stencilled a couple more stars.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out Monday's post and leave a comment to be entered in my draw for some birthday loot!  Tomorrow is the last day, so don't miss out :)

1 comment:

  1. Bring on the birthday cards - I really like the colours and a reminder for me to use my star mask!! Fun card and fun stamped image.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...