Friday, August 15, 2014

Something Worth Celebrating

Today is the final day of my week-long Blog-a-versary celebration.  I hope you've enjoyed the series of birthday cards I've shown you as much as I enjoyed making them :)
Don't forget to leave a comment on Monday's post to be entered in my draw for some sweet loot.  I'll announce the winner tomorrow, so be sure to leave your comment by midnight tonight.
Now today's card is one I designed for my Dog Daze of Summer Card Buffet that is happening tonight; though I really should have called it the "How-can-it-be-this-cold-in-August Card Buffet"...it is FREEZING here this week!  Anyhow...I digress.  Here is my project...

Birthday card featuring the Mixed Bunch stamp set with sentiment from Remembering Your Birthday.
I pulled out my long-neglected Mixed Bunch stamp set for this one.  I really love this set but haven't used it in ages!  I started by stamping the larger blossom in Blushing Bride in and the smaller one in So Saffron and then ran the card stock through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb TIEF



The punched blossom is also stamped in Blushing Bride and punched with the Blossom punch.  The centre is stamped in So Saffron and punched with the 7/8" Scallop Circle punch.  I added some baker's twine and a few pearls that I coloured with the lightest shade in the Old Olive Blendabilities set...it is soooo close to the shade of the Pear Pizzazz card base!  The sentiment, from the Remembering Your Birthday set, was inked with Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride markers and die cut using the Ovals Collection framelits.

On the inside I stamped the floral images again and added the corresponding sentiment, also from the Remembering Your Birthday set.  A quick and easy card, perfect for a buffet!
Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see if you've won my give-away and to check out my new contribution for this week's challenge at the Technique Twist...you'll get a sneak peek at some new Holiday Catalogue products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...