Thursday, August 28, 2014

Today is the day!

Today is a BIG day!  Not only does the Holiday Catalogue go live, but it is also my first challenge as a  Guest Designer for Just Add Ink!  I am so happy to be counted among such a talented group of artists!  So, without further ado, here is this week's challenge:

JAI 229


...and here is my project...inspired by the last fleeting days of summer:

Birthday card featuring the Shaving Cream technique and sentiment from the Yippee Skippee stamp set.
The minute I saw that yummy-looking inspiration photo I thought of the Shaving Cream technique!  Those marbled swirls of colour were exactly what I was going for.  I used Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Perfect Plum reinkers in my shaving cream.  I love the way it turned out!  I die cut three scoops of ice cream (really they're the thought cloud from the Word Bubbles Framelits).  The cone was punched from Baked Brown Sugar card stock using the new Tree Punch from the Holiday Catty and embossed using the Tiny Triangles TIEF.  Once I had assembled my triple scoop ice cream cone I covered the ice cream with Crystal Effects and left it to dry over night.  It gives my ice cream a great sheen...like it's melting and waiting to be licked!



The background layer is embossed with the Decorative Dots TIEF.  I added several scraps of ribbon for even more texture and colour as well as some Candy Dots in Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight.  I layered it on a Melon Mambo mat and then a Daffodil Delight card base.
The sentiment is from the Yippee Skippee stamp set and is perfect for this card...after all, what's happier than ice cream??  I die cut the sentiment using the Labels Collection Framelits and layered it on a Tempting Turquoise label cut with the Deco Labels Framelits.



On the inside I added more scraps of ribbon for a faux-banner and stamped the sentiment from Sassy Salutations in black.

Such a fun and happy card...what a great salute to the end of summer!  I'd love to see your interpretation of the inspiration photo, so play along and be sure to post a photo of your creation HERE.

Today is also the LAST DAY to take advantage of the extra $65 in product in the Demonstrator starter kit.
Last chance to get $65 in free product!


Until midnight tonight you get to choose $190 worth of products of your choice for just $125, no shipping and no tax!  I'd love to have you join my Tri-City Stampers team.  To order your kit click HERE

7 comments:

  1. You have captured the essence of colour and fun in this lovely card Leena! Great idea to use the shaving cream technique to get the swirly icecream. Delighted you could join us as guest designer at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you join us Leena, you've created such a cool interpretation for this challenge. Your icecream scoops are fabulous...Love it. it's such a fun & happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Leena! I totally feel like ice-cream now and you've inspired me to try the shaving cream technique! A bright, happy and yummy card - so great you could join us this week at Just Add Ink. :)
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Leena! I totally feel like ice-cream now and you've inspired me to try the shaving cream technique! A bright, happy and yummy card - so great you could join us this week at Just Add Ink. :)
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leana you are right the shaving foam technique worked perfectly for this challenge!! I love how delicious that ice cream looks. Really lovely to have you as a guest designer this week.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I was wondering how you created that fabulous looking ice cream! It looks good enough to eat! So glad you were able to Guest Design with us this week with your fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leena, this is such a cute, happy, bright card! I love the rainbow ribbon, and the effect you've achieved on the icecream scoops. Polka dots and candy dots are perfect additions. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Just Add Ink this week! Your card is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...