Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Emerging Flower Patch

Well?  How was your long weekend?  Mine was good, but yesterday I discovered a leak under our kitchen sink which led to replacing the entire sink.  The new sink was larger than the original one, which led to cutting a larger hole in the counter top which led to a big mess...oh and did I mention that all of this started at 3:00 pm yesterday?  I was vaccuuming sawdust and wiping down kitchen cabinets at 11:00 last night!  Ah well, the new sink looks great and I'm glad there is no more leak.
Today I have one of the projects I designed for my upcoming Fabulous Flower Patch class. 

Birthday card featuring the Flower Patch and not-yet-released Good Greetings Hostess set and using the Emerging Colours technique.
Kinda funkadelic retro, no?  I have to say the photo doesn't really do it justice...the colours really pop!  So how'd I do it?  I started by sponging Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo ink in random splotches all over a piece of Whisper White card stock.  The cool part it that where those two colours overlap I got a shade remarkably close to Pumpkin Pie!  Once the ink had dried (important to allow time for this!)  I rubbed my embossing buddy all over the inked surface (this is also a VERY important step).  Then I stamped various images from the Flower Patch stamp set using Versamark ink all over the sponged card stock.  I sprinkled on clear embossing powder and the heat embossed it.  Then the magic happened,  I sponged Blackberry Bliss ink over the entire surface.  The ink adheres to the card stock, but not to the embossed images, making those colourful flowers just pop.


The rest of the card was pretty simple.  To do the background stripes I cut 3/4" wide strips of Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry card stock and adhered them to a 2-1/4" wide strip of Whisper White card stock.  Then I ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Arrows TIEF.  I glued the strip to a Black Berry Bliss card base at a 45 degree angle and trimmed off the excess.  The sentiment is from a new set called Good Greetings that will be part of a Host promotion for the upcoming Holiday Catalogue.  I punched it out with the Curly Label punch and adhered it to the stamped piece, adding a wee Vintage Faceted button and some Crushed Curry baker's twine.

Inside view with sentiment from Endless Birthday Wishes.
On the inside I stamped several of the same flower images in Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie ink and then added a sentiment from the Endless Birthday Wishes set.  I love how this one turned out!

Now since its Tuesdaym here are this week's deals:

Alphabet Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Alphabet Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Price: $9.95 
Sale: $7.46
Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad
Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad
Price: $7.25  
Sale: $5.44
Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Price: $10.95  
Sale: $8.21
Hearts a Flutter Framelits Die
Hearts A Flutter Framelits Die
Price: $30.95  
Sale: $23.21
Oh Baby Photobook Template -- Digital Download
Oh Baby Photobook Template - Digital Download
Price: $19.95  
Sale: $11.97
Wisteria Wonder 3/4 Chevron Ribbon Wisteria Wonder 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $12.50 
Sale: $9.38
 
Pear Pizzaz Classic Stampin' Pad
Pear Pizzaz Classic Stampin' Pad
Price: $7.25 
Sale: $5.44
Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
Price: $7.25  
Sale: $5.44
Travel Log Kit -- Digital Download
Travel Log Kit - Digital Download
Price: $10.95 
Sale:  $6.57

1 comment:

  1. Groovy technique and funky colours - love it! I've never seen that done before and it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...