Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It's the First Day of School!

Well...the inevitable has happened.  Summer is over and school starts today.  My sweet little boy is starting grade two at a brand new school.  Being a teacher myself, it is nearly impossible for me to take the day off to see him off to school...I'll be gone before he even gets up, so I made a special card to tuck in his backpack for him to find when he gets to school.  We are all a little nervous about the new school and all that it entails and I want him to know I'm thinking about him and hoping his day goes well.

If you've been around Stampin' Up! for a while you'll recognize the DSP and stamp set I used.  The DSP is from the long-retired Storytime pack.  I just love it, especially for occasions like today!  It has some fabulous school-themed prints that come in handy many times.  The good news is that it is still available on the Clearance Rack AND this paper is available as a digital download for My Digital Studio, so you can still get this great paper.  If you have kids or are a teacher (or both!) you should own this paper!

I used several different stamp sets, some current, some long-retired.  The word Happy comes from a retired Hostess set called Something to Celebrate.  The first day of grade and the A+ are from another retired set called First Day.  The little boy is from the still-current photopolymer set called Dear Heart.  I coloured him using the Skin Tone assortment and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities


On the inside I made some punch art textbooks using the Word Window punch.  The apple is die cut using the retired Cannery Framelits, which are also still available on the Clearance Rack.  The sentiment is from the Dear Heart set.

I hope this little card is a reminder to my sweet boy just how much his Mommy loves him and hopes he has a great year in grade two!

2 comments:

  1. Great card! He's gonna have a huge smile on his face for the rest of the day when he finds this gem in his backpack! So thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...super cute card and such a sweet surprise for your son. And wow - grade 2 - time does fly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...