Sunday, September 7, 2014

Thankful Leaves for Sunday Stamps

Well happy Sunday morning!  This extremely rare Sunday post is brought to you by my new Design Team position over at Sunday Stamps!  I am thrilled to be working with such a talented group of fellow designers...including one from my very own Tri-City Stampers team!  So, without further ado, here is this week's sketch challenge:




...And here is my project:

Thamk you card featuring the Colour Me Autumn DSP and Autmn Accents Bigz Die.
I decided to substitute the leaves for the tags in the sketch.  I simply love the Fall and all of the warm, rich, earthy tones it brings.  I die cut my leaves, using the Autumn Accents Die, from card stock in colours found in the Colour Me Autumn DSP I used in for the background:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow.  Then I embossed each one using a different TIEF:  Woodgrain, Decorative Dots and Zig Zag

The little wooden leaf is one of the little Autumn Wooden Elements.  I love these because you can sponge them to add colour and even stamp on them, as I did here.  I used a little greeting from the now-retired Tiny Tags set.  I added some hemp twine I had left in my stash in place of the ribbon in the sketch.  The background layer is a piece of the Kraft cardstock that I embossed using the Honeycomb TIEF...did I mention there's LOTS of texture on this card??  The whole thing is layered on a Mossy Meadow card base.

On the inside of the card I added a few more die cut and embossed leaves, as well as another little wooden accent, this one the negative of the one on the front.

Thanks for stopping by on a Sunday...you'll see more posts from me on Sundays moving forward (that's if I can remember to post them!), as Sunday Stamps has a new challenge ever other Sunday.  Check us out and play along!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card Leena - so warm & cozy! I'm also thrilled that you're part of our DT team too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...