Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Some Gold for the Girls

Yesterday I showed you a Man-card that featured the oh-so-trendy use of gold.  Today its the ladies' turn!  Here is a project I designed using the Gold Soiree specialty DSP:

Birthday card featuring the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set and Gold Soiree DSP.
This is another simple design that I featured at last month's card buffet.  The background DSP is from the Gold Soiree specialty pack.  Every sheet in that package has metallic gold accents on it!  The focal image, from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set,  is stamped in Calypso Coral ink.  I added a brush stroke from the Work of Art set in Crisp Cantaloupe  to add some colour to the cake.  I coloured some rhinestones with the darkest shade of my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities...they look almost gold...and added them to the flames on the candles.  I die cut the starburst circle using the Starburst Framelits. 

The sentiment, also from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set, is heat embossed in gold on gold foil paper.  I love the look of that and will definitely be using that idea again!  I added a little green button from my stash along with some Calypso Coral baker's twine

On the inside of the card I added a little strip of DSP and the sentiment from the Endless Birthday Wishes set.  That, along with the Endless Wishes set for Christmas, is fast-becoming my go-to set for sentiments!  If you don't already own those two you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...