Monday, September 15, 2014

Long time, no see!

Did you think I'd abandoned you?  It has been almost a week since my last post...and what a craaaazy week it has been!  Not much time for stamping...or blogging!  Hopefully this week will be a little calmer!
On Saturday we attended my nephew's third birthday party.  He is a big fan of Toopy and Binoo, so I decided to try creating a punch art Toopy for his birthday card.  Here is what I came up with:

Punch Art Toopy birthday card with sentiments from Yippee Skippee, Just Sayin' and Remembering Your Birthday.
I wasn't too sure I had him right, but both my son (still a Toopy fan at 7!) and my nephew recognized Toopy, I figured I must have done alright.  For those of you wanting to try to recreate him, here is a list of the punches I used...all are from Stampin' Up!:
 The key with any punch art is to sponged all of the pieces.  I sponged all of the Sahara Sand pieces in Sahara Sand ink, as I did the 1" circles for the eyes.  The Blushing Bride pieces for the insides of the ears are sponged in Blushing Bride ink.  The pink on the snout and tongue is Melon Mambo ink.  I added the little dots with the Project Life Journalling pen.  The black nose is sponged lightly in Whisper White craft ink.

The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.  I die cut a bunch of word bubbles using the Word Bubbles framelits, using sentiments from several different sets to create a little rhyme for the front of the card:  "Yippee Skippe, Woohoo, A Birthday wish that's just for you."  I thought it sounded like something Toopy might say!

The birthday boy quite liked it...well as much as a three-year-old cares about the card when it is attached to a present...lol!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...