Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tap Tap Gold!

If you've been following my blog for any length of time you'll know I actually like making Man-cards.  I enjoy getting grungy and distressing my masculine projects. When I was planning last month's card buffet I needed a Man-card that wouldn't take too long to make.  It needed to be simple, yet suitably grungy.  This is what I came up with:

Masculine birthday card featuring the Tap, Tap, Tap, Gorgeous Grunge and Endless Birthday Wishes stamp sets.
While this one may look a bit involved, it really comes together quickly.  I started by stamping the spatter image from Gorgeous Grunge on a piece on Typeset DSP using Metallic Gold Encore ink.  I adhered that to a Real Red mat and then adhered the mat to a card base in Basic Black.  The black panel behind the focal image is embossed using the Alphabet Press TIEF.  The Real Red panel behind the focal image is stamped using the border image from the Tap, Tap, Tap set using Metallic Gold ink.



 The focal image, from the Tap, Tap, Tap set, is heat embossed in gold on Basic Black card stock.  I die cut the image using the Circles Collection Framelits.  The sentiment on the paper in the typewriter is from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set...it fits perfectly on the page...I have to admit I did a little happy dance when I discovered that!  I added a little bit of gold Baker's twine with a mini library clip (retired) for just a little bit of (manly) embellishment.

Inside view with sentiment from the Feeling Sentimental (retired) set.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Feeling Sentimental set, which was from Sale-a-bration a couple of years ago.  I added a few more spatters in gold and the border stamp in black.

Now for today's weekly deals...as always, prices are good until Monday at midnight:
133781G


What'S Up Punch Item # 133781
Regular Price: $22.95 Discounted Price: $17.21



2" Circle Punch Item # 133782
Regular Price: $22.95  Discounted Price: $17.21



Sweet Treat Embellishment Cups Item # 116802
Regular Price: $3.95 Discounted Price: $2.96



Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter Item # 133751
Regular Price: $6.25 Discounted Price: $4.69



Blushing Bride Baker'S Twine Item # 134577
Regular Price: $3.95 Discounted Price: $2.96



Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Item # 129984
Regular Price: $9.95 Discounted Price: $7.46



Hexagon Punch Item # 130919
Regular Price: $21.95 Discounted Price: $16.46



World Traveler Photobook Template - Digital Download Item # 130066
Regular Price: $19.95 Discounted Price: $11.97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...