Friday, November 15, 2013

Twisted Traced Doodling

Happy Friday!  Today is the 15th which means two things:  it is my wonderful husband's birthday (Happy Birthday, hon) and it's time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist!  Now I wish I could say that I used this week's challenge to create my hubby's birthday card, but, sadly I did not.  So, I'll show you his card next week.  Today I want to show you my card for this week's Traced Doodling challenge!

Holiday card featuring the Traced Doodling and Burnished Vellum techniques using the Joyful Christmas stamp set (131805)
This technique is new to me, so I first had to do a little research.  There is a great tutorial HERE from Splitcoaststampers.  Now when I sat down to do my card I had a problem...I don't own any coloured pencils!  So, I got creative and combined Traced Doodling with Burnished Vellum. 




Here's is a quick how-to:
  • The poinsettia image is heat embossed in gold on vellum.
  • I flipped the image over and, placing it on my Stampin' Pierce mat, traced the image using my stylus.  
  •  The image is coloured on the wrong-side using Melon Mambo and Rose Red markers.
  • I fussy cut the poinsettia.
  • The leaves are stamped using black Staz On on Whisper White card stock and coloured lightly with a Watercolour Crayon in Wild Wasabi
  • I  used an Aquapainter to blend the coloured leaves.
  • I coloured some Rhinestone Basic Jewels with a yellow Sharpie marker and adhered the in the centre of the poinsettia.
  • The background layer is Pistachio Pudding and is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots TIEF.
  • The sentiment is from the Pennant Parade stamp set and is punched with the Jewelry Tag punch (retired)
  • The card base is Baked Brown Sugar.
 I also need to tell you that we're looking to add to the Design Team over at The Twist!  If you are a techniques junkie like me and you love to play and explore ways to take your projects to the next level, apply to join us!  You can find all of the details HERE.  Check it out and consider joining our team of fabulously twisted stampers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...