|Birthday card featuring the Bandana Technique with the Flowering Flourishes stamp set (126367) and sentiment from Perfectly Penned (122892).|
The Bandana Technique has been around a while, but I haven't done it with this group yet, so I thought it was about time! I designed this card with a decidedly country flavour.
This technique works best with flourish or paisley stamp images. I opted to use the Flowering Flourishes set which, I have to say, works pretty well! Here is a quick rundown of the products I used:
- I stamped the largest image from Flowering Flourishes on Real Red card stock using black Staz On ink.
- I added the white highlights to the stamped images using my White Stampin' Chalk Marker (132133)...sooo much easier to use than a white gel pen! That one's a keeper!!
- I sponged the edges of the bandana layer with Real Red ink.
- The denim-looking background is just a piece of Midnight Muse Core'dinations card stock. I lightly sanded the entire surface of the textured side...instant denim!
- I added a bit of burlap trim and little button brads from the Vintage Trinkets (118764)
- I also added little knots of twine to the sentiment label.