Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Merry Little Hottest Day of the Year!

Well, yesterday, in my neck of the woods, was the hottest day of the summer...and it's almost Fall!  Not a great day to be in an un-air-conditioned classroom with a bunch of sweaty, smelly GRUMPY teenagers!  Here's hoping the heat breaks today or we might just kill each other! 
To help keep you cool I have another Christmas card for you today...

Christmas card featuring the Merry Little Christmas stamp set (131829) and Season of Style DSP stack (132181).
This is most certainly going to find it's way into my Holiday class line-up...it's a quick and easy one to put together!  I think my favourite element on this card is the sparkly little snowflake frame peeking out from behind the label.  I made it with my Festive Flurry Framelits (132193).

I love the Merry Little Christmas stamp set...such lovely fonts and wonderful graphic images as well...all for a super price!

Inside view with sentiment from Christmas Messages (131793)
Here is a quick rundown of what I did:

  • The card base is Old Olive card stock, as is the embossed panel on the card front.
  • The background DSP is from the Season of Style DSP stack.
  • I die cut the label using my Chalk Talk Framelits (my new go-to set!)
  • I die cut the snowflake frame by nesting the smallest of the Festive Flurry framelits inside a larger one and ran then both through the Big Shot together - easy peasy!
  • The text images are all stamped with Cherry Cobbler.
  • I used 3/8" Whisper White taffeta ribbon for a little texture.
Try making a Christmas card today...it will help keep you cool!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...