Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's on your Desk??

This weekend I found a bit of time to clean up my stamping desk after the frenzied flurry of making all of the decorations for the baby shower I recently hosted.  It was a big mess, so rather than put everything away I decided to try to create a few projects using the items that were sitting out.  Here is the first card I made...

Thank you card featuring the Happy Watercolour  stamp set.
This one features some leftover practice bits from the Bubble Background challenge over at the Technique Twist a while back!  Yep, that's how deep my pile was!   I stamped the dot image from the Happy Watercolour  stamp set over top of the bubbles using Silver Metallic Encore ink.  I found a bit of Wisteria Wonder baker's twine leftover from an event ages ago, as well as a small Vintage Faceted button that was buried under a stack of scraps.

The focal image was one that I stamped at some point after receiving my Occasions Catalogue pre-order and trying out some of the new products.  The colour scheme is Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzazz, with all stamped off once before stamping the background colour blocks.  The flower is stampe in Basic Gray.  The embossed background layer is Smokey Slate card stock that I ran through the Decorative Dots TIEF.  I had the corner rounder punch sitting out so I rounded the opposite corners on all of the layers.  The sentiment was stamped in Basic Gray and then die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.  I had a few odd rhinestones laying around so I added them for some sparkle.
It's really amazing what you find when you finally clean up!  If your work area is looking less-than-tidy, try using the stuff instead of trying to find places to store it...you might be surprised with the result!

1 comment:

  1. What a great card from leftovers! I love the look of the soft stamping under the flower and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...