Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Baby Mojo

Well I'm late again!  Today's project was designed using LAST WEEK'S sketch over at Mojo Monday.  I quite liked the sketch, but alas I am too late to enter the challenge.  Ah well...maybe next time!  Here is my project:

Baby card featuring the Zoo Babies, Hearts A-flutter and Sweet Essentials stamp sets.
Would you believe this is the first time I've inked up my Zoo Babies stamp set??  I've had it for nearly a year and it just finally saw ink this past weekend!  Sad or what??  Thankfully it is back in the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue so I'll have another year to play with it.





Here are some tips in case you want to recreate this one:

  • The colour in the top photo is really off...the bottom one is more accurate!  My colour scheme was Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.
  • The DSP is from the Fresh Prints DSP stack.
  • I used the Adorning Accents TIEF to add this little embossed hearts along the bottom of the card base.  (psst...if you like those little hearts get those folders now...they're retiring soon!)
  • The rear panel is stamped using the soon-to-be-retired Hearts A-Flutter stamp set and was then run through the Big Shot with the also-soon-to-be-retired Square Lattice TIEF.  I trimmed the left edge of the panel with a bit of Stretch ruffled trim (also retiring!)
  • The sentiment is from the Sweet Essentials stamp set (it's retiring too...are you sensing a theme here?)
  • The ribbon is 3/8" taffeta in Crumb Cake, which is...wait for it...also retiring!
Yup, I'm losing a ton of supplies to retirement this year!  There is going to be one heck of a Yard Sale come June...stay tuned for more about that!

Speaking of retirement, there are some great soon-to-be-retired items on this week's Weekly Deals.  Check 'em out:

Alhambra Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel
Alhambra Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel
Reg. Price: $10.50 Sale Price: $7.88
Card Base Pop' N Cuts
Card Base Pop' N Cuts
Reg. Price: $48.95 Sale Price: $36.71
Hearts A Flutter Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Hearts A Flutter Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Reg. Price: $22.95 Sale Price: $17.21
Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies
Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies
Reg. Price: $30.95 Sale Price: $23.21
I Am Me Designer Series Paper
I Am Me Designer Series Paper
Reg. Price: $13.50 Sale Price: $10.13
Pacific Point 1-1/4 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Pacific Point 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Reg. Price: $12.50 Sale Price: $9.38
Real Red 1/4 Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Reg. Price: $6.75 Sale Price: $5.06
The Man, The Myth Board Book Designer Template -- Digital Download
The Man, The Myth Board Book Designer Template - Digital Download
Reg. Price: $16.50 Sale Price: $9.90

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...