Sunday, February 28, 2016

Peekaboo for Sunday Stamps

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a fantastic weekend. Mine has been filled with lots of stamping! Today marks the beginning of a new challenge over at Sunday Stamps. It is a colour challenge:




Here is my project for the Design Team:

Baby card featuring the Easter Lamb stamp and the Suite Sayings stamp set.
Isn't that little lamb the sweetest?? As I do with all of my stamps that include both and image and a sentiment, I performed some minor surgery and separated them. I find it makes both the image and the sentiment much more versatile.
I decided to embrace the soft pink in the colour challenge and create a welcome-baby-girl card.  I started by heat embossing the lamb in white on Chocolate Chip card stock. I created my shaker using the Circles Collection Framelits to die cut the frame and the window. The sequins I used to fill my shaker are from the Love Blossoms Embellishment kit. The Whisper White background panel is embossed using the Decorative Dots TIEF...I like that the embossed pattern mimics the woolly texture on the lamb image.

I layered the embossed panel on a slightly larger piece of Pink Pirouette card stock before adhering it to a Chocolate Chip card base. I added some Pink Pirouette Seam Binding ribbon to soften the stark white and add even more texture. The sentiment, from the Suite Sayings stamp set, is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and then punched using the Washi Label punch. I layered it on a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip card stock, which I punched along either end with the Washi Label punch as well. I love that that punch gives such flexibility. The only additional embellishments I added was a piece of a gold foil metallic doily peeking out below the sentiment, and some itty bitty gold glimmer hearts that I punched with the Confetti Hearts Border punch. I also added a few hints of gold shimmer with my Wink of Stella brush.

On the inside I stamped the sweet little lamb again in Chocolate Chip ink on a Whisper White panel. I added the sentiment from the Zoo Babies set, stamped in Chocolate Chip, punched with the Word Window, and then layered on a Pink Pirouette Washi Label. I couldn't resist adding one more itty bitty gold glimmer heart :)

I have to admit that Pink Pirouette is not a colour I reach for often. Living in a house of boys, I don't find it a colour I have much use for! However, I really love it paired with the Chocolate Chip and crisp Whisper White.  Are you like me and rarely use your Pink Pirouette ink pad? Give this challenge a try and see if you can stretch your creativity a little...the results may surprise you! Be sure to share your creation with us over at Sunday Stamps...have an inky Sunday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$37.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

6 comments:

  1. eekk soo cuutee your little lamb
    uuuh I want him I wamt him
    I wish it sell also in Germany Leena
    I love lamb and my zodiak also Aries = Lamb LOL
    cute card and that washi puncher ooh I love it
    I really wish all the product sell in Germany too
    Great DT card Leena
    see you soon on my DT post teamie
    hugs
    Monika (teamie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Monika...I love this little lamb!

      Delete
  2. hello Leena! soooo very cute, luv the sweet sheep and polka dot embossing! hope you have a wonderful week!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leena, this is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I love the little sheep, the polka dot embossing the the shaker!!! So wonderful to welcome a precious new angel! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't done surgery on mine..yet. :} Love how you made this into an adorable shaker card. So cute and perfect for a little someone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...