Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Flourishing Sympathy

Well, I'm back! Did you miss me? What a crazy, whirlwind weekend it was...and just a wee bit stressful too. We had planned an outdoor event for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, but God decided the world need a good drink of water and we had severe thunderstorms all day. We ended up moving the party indoors into my parents' rather small house. It was cozy but we managed. To make it more interesting, the storms knocked out power to the bakery from which we had ordered the cake, which meant they couldn't finish it. We improvised with cakes from the grocery store. Not ideal, but again, we made do. The kicker was when the power went out at my parents' home just as the party was starting! Thankfully my dad had a generator with just enough gas to get us through the party. Whew...what an adventure that was!

Now on to some stamping. Today I have a sympathy card featuring the Flourish Thinlits and coordinating Flourishing Phrases stamp set...

My colour palette here is crisp Dapper Denim and Whisper White. I began by die-cutting the flourish from the Whisper White panel. I save the die-cut flourish for another project and using the negative for my card front. I embossed it using the Softly Falling TIEF, layered it on a piece of Dapper Denim card stock and then on a thick Whisper White card base.

I die-cut the flower and the smaller flourish from both Dapper Denim and Whisper White card stock, layered them and tucked them behind the sentiment. The sentiment stamp is from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and is die-cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits. The only embellishment on this simple card is some Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon.


On the inside of the card I stamped the flourish image in Dapper Denim ink and added another sentiment from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set. Once again, I die-cut the sentiment using the Layering Ovals framelits.

Don't you love it when all the heavy lifting on a card is done by die-cuts? It makes projects so quick and easy to put together!

Have a great week! I'm busy getting ready for two major full-day events this weekend and next. It's a bit of a disaster zone in my craft room these days! The great news for you is that I'll be doing a Twelve Days of Christmas in July series here on my blog starting on Wednesday, July 20th right through till the end of the month where I'll be featuring lots of Christmas projects to get you started on you holiday crafting. Maybe you'll even get it all done on time this year! ;)


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...