Monday, February 6, 2017

Carousel Birthday

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend! Today marks the start of the second semester at school...officially half-way done the school year! Summer can't come soon enough for this tired-out teacher!
Today I have a fun, vintage-inspired birthday card for you.

One of the things I love most about Stampin' Up! is the way they offer suites of coordinating products that make putting together fabulous projects a breeze. This project features products from the Cupcakes and Carousels Suite, which is full of vintagey images and a fabulous colour pallette. Here I built my card on an Early Espresso card stock base that I embossed using the Festive TIEF. I layered a 3" x 5-1/2" piece of Cupcakes and Carousels DSP on top of the embossed card base.

The focal image consists of a Very Vanilla oval die-cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered on a scalloped oval, die-cut from another piece of Cupcakes and Carousels DSP using the Layering Ovals framelits. On the vanilla oval I stamped several images from the Carousel Birthday stamp set using Early Espresso, So Saffron and Bermuda Bay ink. I added some gold 3/8" metallic Sale-a-bration ribbon behind the layered ovals which reminds me of streamers at a carnival.

The sentiment, from the Suite Sentiments stamp set, is stamped in Early Espresso ink on yet another piece of Cupcakes and Carousels DSP. I used the Triple Banner punch to create the banner ends. The only embellishment I added, besides the ribbon, are a few Bermuda Bay enamel dots.


On the inside I added a piece of Very Vanilla card stock on which I stamped more images from the Carousel Birthday stamp set in So Saffron, Bermuda Bay and Early Espresso (the latter two were stamped-off once).

What's not to love about coordinating products when it makes pulling together fabulous projects so easy?? Click any of the images in the Product List below to visit my webstore and start creating with this amazing suite.

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card. I love the vintage look and all the layers and images come together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...