Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Almost Back to Normal

Wow...talk about the lost week! I haven't been that sick in a very long time. This flu totally knocked the stuffing out of me. I am feeling much better, though still not 100%. Hopefully the weekend will bring renewed energy and time to get into my studio again. My poor stamps must think I've abandoned them!
 Before I show you today's project I must remind you that the Retiring Products List has been posted in preparation for the launch of the new 2017/18 Annual Catalogue in June. Some of my most-beloved products are going away *sigh* but I know there will be lots to love in the new catty. Because the list has posted, all items on that list are now available on a while-supplies-last basis, with the exception of stamp sets which are guaranteed until May 22nd. If there are items you would still like to get, order ASAP, as some items will sell out very quickly.

Click the image to view retiring products.


Now for a project. This is one we'll be making at my Watercolour 101 class this week...

The background was created using Watercolor Pencils and Irresistably Floral specialty DSP. I just love the way the watercolour wash makes the floral images pop. I layered the DSP on a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock before mounting it on a thick Whisper White card stock base.

The sentiment is from the Suite Sentiments stamp set and is heat embossed in silver and then die-cut using the Stitched Shapes framelits. I layered the label on a scalloped Rich Razzleberry oval die-cut using the Layering Labels framelits, and mounted that on a silver metallic doily. The flowers were die-cut using the Stylish Stems framelits. I cut the top layer from Whisper White card stock and the bottom from Watercolour paper on which I had done a wash using the Watercolor Pencils and an aquapainter. The only embellishment is a tiny vellum butterfly, punched using the Bitty Butterfly punch and  accented with a few little rhinestones.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Picture Perfect stamp set in Rich Razzleberry ink and added another little vellum butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by and for your patience while I was ill. Have a great week!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! Love the card and the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...