Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Under my Umbrella

I don't know about the weather where you live, but here in Southern Ontario, we are experiencing some serious April showers! Now, I know they are supposed to bring May flowers, but the gloomy skies, pouring rain and chilly temperatures sure make it hard to believe warm sunny days are ahead. Maybe it's a bit of cabin fever as a result of social distancing, but I am so craving warm sunshine-filled days! I decided this would be a good week to focus on the Under my Umbrella bundle and the retiring In-Colors. The retiring products list posts tomorrow, and when it does, all of the out-going In-Color products will sell out fast. If you haven't yet snagged your reinkers, card stock and DSP pack yet you may want to do so today while they are still available. Check out my webstore now, before you forget!

Because I am craving sunshine I made a bright sunny card to share with you today...


Now, how's THAT for a happy card? I opted to create a rainbow with the five out-going In-Colors using the gingham pattern from the 6" x 6" DSP pack. I cut the strips 3/4" wide and adhered them to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card base. I added little punched flowers in the coordinating card stock for a little extra happy. I curled them a little by burnishing the centres with my stylus and added an epoxy dot for some sparkle.


The umbrella is stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink and is coloured using Dark Pineapple Punch, Dark Call my Clover and Dark Lovely Lipstick Blends. I made the sun by punching a 2" circle and a Starburst from Pineapple Punch card stock and layering them. Before doing so I sponged the edges lightly with ink of the same shade for a bit of a shadow.


On the inside I simply stamped another sentiment from the Under my Umbrella set in black ink.

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using the Under my Umbrella bundle in today's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook page. I hope you'll join me for the live broadcast, but if you miss me you can catch it shortly afterwards on my YouTube channel.

Thank for stopping by today. Be sure to check back tomorrow for all the scoop on retiring products and the Last Chance Promotion! Till then, be well and stay safe!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...