Monday, June 15, 2020

Many Mates and a Blog Hop

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. The weather here was positively pristine, if a little on the cool side. I didn't mind, though...I'll take cooler over steaming hot any day. Our kitchen reno is progressing, though we are still living on take-out. I do have to say I am very much going to appreciate making a home-cooked meal when it is done. We had a rather expensive glitch when our 16-year-old fridge died last week...a new one is coming tomorrow. Ka-CHING! 
But you didn't stop by to listen to me complain about my appliance woes...you're here for some inspiration and we have that in spades today. It is time for another Stamping Symphony Blog Hop...



This month we are all about showing off the new products from the fabulous 2020-21 Annual Catalogue. Check out this bright and colourful pair of cards I made using the Many Mates bundle...


I just HAD to make two cards when I realized that the die-cut stencil I used was too pretty to throw away!
To create the stencil I die-cut the Many Medallions die from Whisper White card stock. Then, using Washi tape, I adhered it over top of a piece of Whisper White card stock. That's when the fun began! Using daubers, I sponged Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green and Gorgeous Grape ink. I really loaded on the ink so I would get a nice clear stencilled image and when I was done I fell in love with the stencil itself! So I decided to make to cards using the same layout, one with the stencilled panel and one with the stencil itself. Which one do you like better?? Here's a closer look that might help you decide...



This one is the stencil itself...I love the vibrance of this colour combo!


This one is the stencilled panel...equally pretty, right? I added a little extra pop by layering card stock of the same shades of ink I used.

The sentiments on both cards are from the Many Mates stamp set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured using Light Magenta Madness, Dark Mango Melody, Light Granny Apple Green and Dark Highland Heather Stampin' Blends. I used my go-to Tasteful Labels dies to create the label. While it doesn't show in these photos, I flicked both cards generously with Wink of Stella to make them shimmer and shine. I added some Magenta Madness ribbon and some rhinestones by way of embellishment. Sometimes simple is better, and with these gorgeous dies, simple is so easy.





Be sure to check out the other blogs in our hop by clicking the links below:

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check in tomorrow when I give you a sneak peek at one of the projects from this week's Tuesday Live @ Five video! Have a great day!


Product List
Mango Melody Combo Pack Stampin' Blends
Mango Melody Combo Pack Stampin' Blends
[147945]
$12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...