Tuesday, February 9, 2021

In Bloom Fun Fold

 Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having a good week. Here, we are back to hybrid teaching this week (half the class in school, half online from home) and it feels a little like September again as we settle back into routines. I have to say, there is going to be one VERY LARGE bottle of wine consumed on the last day of school in June after this crazy year!

I don't know about you, but I am SO over the cold and drabness of winter. My heart yearns for warm sunshine and colourful flowers. Since it is still frigid here in southern Ontario, I have to make my own sunshine and that is exactly what I've been doing all week! I pulled out the In Bloom bundle and have been creating beautiful paper flowers which will have to suffice until the real thing comes along in a few months. Check out this fun fold card I made...


 
I used several patterns from the Paper Blooms Sale-a-bration Designer Paper (which coordinates PERFECTLY with this bundle!), along with a little Oh So Ombre DSP, to create this accordian-fold card.  I used Night of Navy card stock for the base, which provides the perfect neutral backdrop for all of those beautiful patterns and colours. The belly band slides off and the card opens out to reveal more DSP and another sentiment with room to write a greeting. 

accordian fun fold

I used the Pierced Blooms Dies to die-cut the flowers and leaves I used to decorate the belly band. I actually cut them from the large polka dot patterned sheet in the Paper Blooms DSP pack. I love the soft water-coloured look that results! And can we just take a moment to admire the detail in those die-cut flowers! The pierced-look happens with just a single pass through the machine...so easy and so very pretty! An added bonus in this set of dies is the cute label, which I used for my sentiment. Here's a closer look...

 
This fun fold is surprisingly easy to make, yet provides a real WOW and an opportunity to showcase your favourite DSP patterns. Check out my video tutorial below.




Thanks so much for stopping by this week. Make it a great one!

accordian fun fold

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...