Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Treasured Medallion

 Happy Tuesday...and happy April! I hope you had a blessed Easter. Here is was another quiet one, as we just entered our third lockdown of the pandemic. I will be SO thankful when all of this is behind us! 

Today is my one and only son's 14th birthday! I don't know how that happened, but he is starting high school in the fall, so I guess it must be true! The poor kid has had his birthday plans ruined for the second year in a row...we are hoping to be able to throw an epic graduation party in June instead...fingers crossed!

This week I am all about the Treasured Medallion bundle from the January-June Mini Catalogue. This bundle is one I have been meaning to pull out, but only inked up for the first time this weekend. Let me say, once I got started, I couldn't stop! There are so many fun technique possibilities with this one...and don't even get me started about the colouring! So awesome!

Check out this take on the spotlighting technique...

spotlight technique

I am already mourning the loss of Purple Posy...and it hasn't even left yet...so I'm using it A TON these days. I actually went for an ombre look, with Purple Posy, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape, set against a neutral background of Smokey Slate. I stamped the full medallion image three times on the Smokey Slate background panel using ink of the same shade. Then I heat embossed the medallion in white on each of the shades of purple. I used the Layering Circle dies to die-cut them out, along with a white scalloped circle to mat each one. I popped up each of the matted circles to highlight the centre of each stamped medallion.

spotlight technique

The sentiment is heat embossed in white on a piece of Basic Grey card stock. I punched one end of the sentiment strip using the Treasured Tags punch and then punched a second, wider strip in Basic White to mat behind it. I spattered the entire background panel with a little Frost White Shimmer Paint...man, am I going to miss THAT stuff! The only embellishment on this one is a few frosted epoxy droplets...another one I'm sad to say goodbye to.

On the inside of the Purple Posy card base I added a Basic White panel on which I stamped another medallion in Smokey Slate ink. 

spotlight technique

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using the Treasured Medallion bundle in this week's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook business page. Because today is my son's big day and I am planning a special dinner for him, my live will be held TOMORROW (Wednesday) at 5 pm ET instead. I hope you'll join me live, but if you miss this episode, you can catch the replay shortly afterwards on my YouTube channel. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a great week!

spotlight technique


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...