Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Sun Prints Fun Fold and a Blog Hop

 Happy Wednesday...and happy June! It has certainly been a while since my last post...life as a teacher is getting the better of me lately and something had to give. Unfortunately, this blog has had woefully little attention. I am so looking forward to summer when I can catch my breath and catch you up on what has been happening in my studio! Remember that you can always see my latest projects on my Instagram feed and on my Facebook business page. Follow one or both to always be up-to-date!

Today marks the 15th of the month, which means it is time for another Stamping Symphony blog hop. This month we are all about cards for the men in our lives. With Father's Day just around the corner, we all need a little man-card inspiration! Check out this fabulous new fun fold I made using the Sun Prints suite from the 2022/23 Annual Catalogue:


It's called a Z-fold Pop-up Block card...how's that for a mouthful?!? I first noticed a similar design on the Instagram account of a UK stamper, but it was a much larger card (5" x 7") and had only 4 panels. I wanted to create a card that would fit in a standard envelope and had 5 blocks (I like odd numbers), so I set to work figuring out dimensions. It took a couple of tries, but I am thrilled with the end result! And the best part? It is SUPER easy to make...MUCH easier than it looks! Ya gotta love an easy WOW fun-fold, right??


Now, I know you're likely thinking "Ok...now where are the measurements?", right? Never fear! Scroll to the bottom of this post and you'll find all of the measurements AND a link to my YouTube video in which I demonstrated this beauty. 

I used products from the fabulous Sun Prints suite in the new 2022/23 Annual Catalogue to create this card. The DSP is my fav and I have cut it to create a panoramic effect where each panel continues the images from the previous one moving left to right. This is a great way to use those DSP pieces that have a large, continuous image. The card base on this one is constructed from regular Basic White card stock. I would not recommend using thick Basic White, as it ends up being quite bulky for this fold. 

The images on the front of the card are stamped in Night of Navy ink and die-cut using the Nature Prints dies. I also used a die-cut from the Forever Greenery set for the silver foil element in the background. I love that little pop of metallic! I also used a bit of silver cord for my bow.


Obviously, this card doesn't open like a traditional one does, so in order to create a space to write, I added a stamped Basic White panel on the back, matted in Night of Navy card stock. This not only give loads of space to write a message, it also provides a bit of counterweight to prevent the card from toppling over. Win-win!


 As promised, here are the measurements and link to the video to make this fold:



Card base:
Basic White card stock in the following measurements:
4-1/4" x 8", scored at 5-1/2 and 6-3/4"
3-3/4" x 3-3/4", scored at 1", 2-1/4" and 3-1/4"
3-1/4" x 3-1/4", scored at 3/4", 2, and 2-3/4"
2-3/4" x 2-3/4", scored at 1/2", 1-3/4" and 2-1/4"
2-1/4" x 2-1/4", scored at 1/4", 1-1/2" and 1-3/4"
Designer Series Paper:
If using a random pattern, cut the following pieces:
1-1/8" x 4-1/8"
1-1/8" x 3-5/8"
1-1/8" x 3-1/8"
1-1/8" x 2-5/8"
1-1/8" x 2-1/8"
If you want a panoramic effect (like I did on this card), cut as follows:
4-1/8" x 5-5/8" Sun Prints Designer Paper
Cut into five 1-1/8" x 4-1/8" strips *keep them in order as you cut!*
Then as you work across the panels from left to right, glue the left-most strip on as is. Then cut remaining strips as follows:
Panel 2: cut 1/4" from each end of strip
Panel 3: cut 1/2" from each end of strip
Panel 4: cut 3/4" from each end of strip
Panel 5: cut 1" from each end of strip


Now before you go, be sure to hop on over to Sandy's blog to see what manly goodness she has come up with:






Thanks for stopping by this week. I promise not to be such a stranger this month! 


Product List

3 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing fun fold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! How wonderful and so creative! Thanks for sharing the measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME I THINK COMING TO YOUR BLOG. I JUST LOVE ALL YOUR PROJECTS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...