Friday, October 8, 2010

Holiday Mini Album

One of the many things I love at Stampin' Up! is the fact that they are about more than just stamping.  Scrapbookers can find wonderful products to create beautiful projects too!  I can honestly say I would never have even tried scrapbooking were it not for the wonderful ideas I have seen in the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue.  Today's post is a perfect illustration of this point...
6x6 Mini Scrapbook created from the Christmas Cheer Simply Scrapping Kit
Inside cover of album
Another page layout
And another
The centre of the album opens up to 30" wide and has space for 7 photos and/or journalling.
I love the colours in this kit:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Marina Mist
Centre of album
Pocket with room for a photo and journalling (and a secret message too!)
Very inside page of album.

I love these mini albums because they make wonderful gifts.  I have made several for various friends and relatives...a birthday album for my nephew, a wedding album for my brother and sister-in-law and a Baby's first Christmas album for my son's grandparents.  No matter what the occasion or who the recipient, everyone loves photos that have been carefully and creatively presented and preserved.  The original design for the structure of this album is by Andrea Walford, a fellow SU demonstrator.  I've used that basic design to create this Christmas-themed mini-album from the Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' Kit.  There are actually enough materials in one kit to create two of these little albums...and by little I mean dimensions...they actually hold up to 14 photos!  These albums also come together quite quickly...in a little over 2 hours you can have a wonderful keepsake.
Last night I held a class on how to create these albums.  Guests could choose the theme for their album and we created one at the class and then they could go home and create a second from the other half of the kit, if they desired.  I would be happy to hold a similar class again if there is sufficient interest.  If you would like to attend a mini album class either in my home or yours, send me an email indicating your interest.  If I get 3 or more people who would like a class we'll make it happen!  Don't forget...Christmas is only a couple of months away and will be here before you know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...