Monday, October 25, 2010

Bargello Ornaments

I finally cleaned off my stamping desk today.  The pile of scraps is gone, filed neatly away for future use.  Underneath all that paper I found some ornament punch-outs I made using the Bargello technique a while back.  I figured I'd better use them, considering the work that went into them!  Here is what I came up with...
CAS card using the Bargello technique
This really isn't a great photo, but I don't have time to retake it...my son has the stomach flu and I am posting between cleaning up after him and trying to calm him down. 

I kept the design for this card really simple because I wanted to showcase the funky design on the ornaments.  I started by embossing a piece of Real Red cardstock using my Perfect Polka dots embossing folder and my Big Shot.  Then I adhered the lengths of ribbon using glue dots.  The the highest ornament is adhered flat and the other two are popped up with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from the Word Play set in the main catalogue.  I coloured it with my markers, stamped it on Very vanilla and then punched it out.  The little bows are made using the 1/8" old olive taffeta ribbon and are adhered with glue dots.  I added a little tiny rhinestone jewel at the tip of the sentiment ornament to give it a little bling.  I adhered the whole card front to a Very Vanilla card base. 

Not terribly involved, if you don't count making the Bargello ornaments!

1 comment:

  1. I've never taken the time to try this technique! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...