Thursday, October 14, 2010

Merry and Bright...

I appear to be on a Night of Navy kick this week.  Today's post (and tomorrow's too!) features that colour as a key component.  Today I used my colour coach to create a combo suitable for a frosty, wintry-type card...
Wintry Christmas card featuring the Serene Snowflakes stamp set.

Focal image with sentiment from the Bright Christmas set from the Holiday Mini.

Inside of card sentiment is from the Occasional Quotes hostess level 3 set.
I am really liking today's card (unlike yesterdays tinsel nightmare!).  I started by stamping the various snowflakes all over a piece of Whisper White cardstock  in both Marina Mist and Night of Navy ink.  I then sponged Frost White shimmer paint all over to give it a frosty shimmer (DUH!).  I tore the edge and then sponged Marina Mist and Night of Navy around the edges.  I adhered this piece to a piece of Marina Mist which I had also torn and sponged lightly with Night of Navy.  I wrapped a piece of Whisper White satin ribbon around the cardfront and then layered a piece of Marina Mist 1/8" ribbon over top and tied a little bow.  The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy and then punched out using the 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch.  I notched the scallops and added a couple more snowflakes in Marina Mist.  I also sponged it with shimmer paint so that it would match the background.  I mounted the scalloped piece to a 2 1/2" circle of Night of Navy and added a large square Ice brad.  The inside is pretty easy to figure out from the photo...I have to run and tuck my son into bed!  See you tomorrow with more wintry navy-ness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...