Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tin 'o Tags

Why is it that the weekends always go by SO much faster than the work week?  I just was settling in to get some stamping done this afternoon and here it is already 9:30!  How does that happen??
Today was all about the tags...gift tags that is. I am running a gift packaging class on the first Saturday in December and I decided it was about time I got going on planning the projects for it!  Part of the class will be dedicated to creating beautiful gift tags and so today I came up with a vintage and a contemporary collection all packaged in a reusable tin.  Class participants will be able to choose which style they would like to make.  Today I am posting the contemporary version...tomorrow will be the vintage one!
This sturdy tin is covered in Jolly Holiday DSP.  When the tags are gone the tin makes a lovely gift-box.

Close up of the focal image from the Contempo Christmas set

Even the sides of the tin are covered!  The edges of the lid are also covered in 1/8" taffeta ribbon...a perfect fit!

A Tin 'O' Tags!




Tag #1 - using the Two Tags die and my Big Shot

Inside of Tag #1

Tag #2 - also from the Two Tags die

Tag #3 - Uses the Top Note Die
Tag #4 - Using the Table Setting die

Inside of Tag #4 (not sure what's up with the smear on the right?!?)

Tag #5 - Using the Two Tags die

Tag #6 - using the Top Note Die
 My original plan had been to keep these tags fairly simple, but I've decided I just CAN'T do simple!  I start with something simple and just keep adding and playing and before I know it, I've spent an hour on a "simple" gift tag!  Ah well...I like 'em and I hope my customers will too!  If you are reading this thinking "I'd like to make these tags and have a lovely tin to hold them all", drop me a line and sign up for my class!  It is running on Saturday, December 4th at 9:30 am.  I'd love to have you join us!

Now for the worst part of the weekend...heading to bed and setting the alarm for 6:00 am!  Have a good night everyone...talk to you tomorrow when I show you my vintage version of the Tin 'o' Tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...