Saturday, October 30, 2010

Vintage gift card holder

As promised in yesterday's post, here is the vintage version of the same gift card holder.  I changed the orientation to landscape, rather than portrait. 
Gift card holder using the Bells and Boughs set and Deck the Halls DSP

Inside view #1

Inside view #2 (there's that Timmy's card again!)
I just love these rich colours and the classic images.  To construct the foundation I followed the same steps I  described in yesterday's post.  To decorate it I just used Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla, along with the Deck the Halls DSP.  One thing I did want to mention is that I stamped the holly image in versamark on water colour paper and then heat embossed it in gold.  This made it really easy to colour.  I then sponged it lightly with Soft Suede ink to soften the brightness of the paper.  The ribbon I used on this is the seam binding ribbon in cherry cobbler from the Holiday Mini.  The brad on the front is one of the Antique Brads from the main catalogue.
Time to get back to my stampin' desk and get busy prepping for a Stamp-A-Stack class on Thursday!  Enjoy your weekend and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...