Sunday, October 24, 2010

Missing My Mojo...

Ever have days when nothing you do seems to work?  When try as you might to create something spectacular, everything ends up simply mediocre?  This whole weekend has been that way for me.  I've been trying all weekend to come up with projects for my Gift Giving class in December (creative ways to package and present gifts for the holidays) .  I started out with lots of ideas in my head but when I tried to make them reality they just didn't measure up to what I had envisioned.  I HATE when this happens!  I feel like I wasted a whole weekend and a bunch of supplies creating things that are just ok.  So, unfortunately, all I have to post tonight is something that I'm not thrilled with and that may not even make my class line-up.  Anyhow...here goes...

Gift box made using my Box #2 die and my Big Shot 
For the focal image I used the snowman from the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter snow using my glue pen

I have had the Box #2 die for a while but just unwrapped it today.  I used Baja Breeze textured cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the die.  It is a really easy box to assemble and is a cute size for small gifts or stocking stuffers.  (In our family we wrap everything...even stocking stuffers, so I see myself using a lot of these little boxes!)  I wrapped a strip of the striped Candy Cane DSP around the box and adhered it with sticky strip.  The little snowman is from the Jolly Bingo Bits set...a great set with just about every Christmas-themed image you could imagine.  The images are perfectly sized for tags and, even better, this set will carry-over to the new main catalogue next July!  I stamped the snowman in Basic Black ink and then coloured his scarf using my Real Red marker.  I drew in snow with my glue pen and sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds glitter over it.  It doesn't look very glittery in the photo but it does actually shine...just like freshly fallen snow.  On the lid I wrapped some Real red striped grosgrain ribbon (retired) around the flap and secured it with sticky strip.  I punched out a little tag and matted it on Real Red cardstock.  I added an eyelet using my Crop-a-dile and a bit of silver elastic cord (also retired) to tie it to the ribbon.  This little box should have actually been  pretty quick and easy to make, but I just wasn't feeling my mojo today and I struggled to get it together.  Looking at this now, I think I should have stamped the snowman in a darker shade of blue rather than in black...I think that is the main thing that is bugging me about this project.  The black is just too dark a colour, given the rest of the colour scheme.

Anyhow...there's so-so project #1.  I am going to try to get some sleep tonight and try again tomorrow to come up with something a little more exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...