Friday, October 15, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Man, this has been one LONG week!  Why is it that 4-day weeks feel like 6?  I am soooo glad it is the weekend!  I am ready for a nice long nap and some stamping fun!  Today's card is one I did last night along with yesterday's post.  I was just experimenting with the White Frost shimmer paint to see how it would look stamped on dark cardstock.  I was thrilled to discover it looks pretty darn good!
Single layer card stamped using Serene Snowflakes set and White Frost shimmer paint.
This card is a BIG departure for me.  My designs usually have lots and lots of layers with various textures and embellishments.  This card only has one layer!  I stamped it using the shimmer paint and boy, does it look great!  I am definitely going to make use of this technique more often.  After allowing the paint to dry I just added a strip of Whisper White satin ribbon and then layered some Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta over top.  I adhered the snowflakes (they are coated with Dazzling Diamonds glitter, but don't show so well in the photo) using dimensionals.  The little bow on the middle snowflake was adhered using a glue dot.  The sentiment is from the Bright Christmas set.  I stamped it in Night of Navy and then trimmed the cardstock following the shape of the text.  I notched the ends to give a banner effect.  I sponged the edges lightly in Marina Mist ink and then mounted it using a double layer of dimensionals so that it would pop up above the snowflakes.  I was actually pretty pleased with the way this came together really quickly and easily.

I forgot to take pictures of the inside...sorry!  I'll do better next time!!  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...