Monday, October 4, 2010

Yay for Mr. UPS!

My favourite brown truck stopped at my house today and left a box full of new goodies!  Among them was the Mini Milk Carton die.  I have been debating for some time whether to purchase this die.  I wasn't sure I would find ways to use it enough to make it worth the price.  Once again I was WRONG!  Check this out!
How cute is that?!?  Even my husband chuckled and said "Cute" when I showed it to him...and he's not easily impressed!  You may know that I am not big into Halloween...I find the whole thing too scary for my timid 3 year old...but I plan to make a bunch of these to hand out to the kids in our neighbourhood on the big day.  If I get really ambitious I may even make enough to give to my students...last period on the Friday before Halloween, of course.  I don't want the sugar high to kick in until they're AT HOME!

This project uses lots of retired products.  I do apologize to anyone who wants to recreate it, but, as I mentioned before, I am not big into Halloween and therefore don't have a ton of Halloween themed stamps.  This image is from a retired hostess set...I love the smiling pumpkins!  The "Boo" sentiment is from the Tiny Tags set...I seem to be using that set a lot these days.  The colour scheme is Tangerine Tango (I chose that orange because I have LOTS of that cardstock!), Concord Crush, Basic Black and Pear Pizzazz.  I stamped the pumpkins in black Staz-on on watercolour paper and coloured them using various shades of orange markers:  Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie and Peach Parfait.  The clip that holds the carton shut is from a retired version of the Hodge Podge Hardware.

Tomorrow is my Jammin' Stampers team meeting, so I'm not sure I'll get to post...if not, I'll be back for sure on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...