Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Petal Card Die Gift Box

I went a little crazy during the recent online Clearance Rack Blitz!  I couldn't resist all the fantastic deals...especially on dies for the Big Shot.  I think I bought one of pretty much every die that was available!  When my Petal Card die arrived last weekend I started playing around with it.  I tried some ideas I had seen using the Petal Card punch and was thrilled to see that most of them work in the larger version.  Today's post is a cute vintage-style gift box that I am going to include in my Tags and Packaging class on Dec. 4th.

This little box is 2 1/2 " square and will hold all sorts of little goodies!

The top of the box naturally stays closed if you layer the petals.  I looks quite pretty as it is but I had to add a little something extra.  I only adhered the embellishment to one petal so that it still opens and closes properly.  The sentiment is from the Tiny Tags set.

I tied a bow with the Seam Binding ribbon and then threaded the button with the Chantilly Lace and tied it into a bow as well.  A bit much?  Maybe...but I like it!

I tore a strip of the Designer Fabric to decorate my box.  Tearing gives it a soft, shabby-chic look.
I just love Christmas and one of my favourite parts is wrapping gifts beautifully.  My friends and family kind of expect a specially-wrapped gift from me and I have discovered that no matter how simple and inexpensive the gift, the recipient always feels extra-special when it is presented in a unique and pretty way.  I will absolutely be using this little box in my gift giving this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...