Thursday, October 7, 2010

Merry Crittermas!

The stamp set I used in today's card is another one that I wasn't all that sure I like when I first saw it in the Holiday Mini.  I am not really into "Cute" Christmas...I am more of a traditional, elegant Victorian Christmas kinda gal.  However, I realize that many of my customers do like cute and so I bought the Merry Crittermas set to see what I could create with it.  Here is my first attempt...
Merry Crittermas Card using Candy Cane DSP
Close up of focal image
Inside of Merry Crittermas card
I actually had lots of fun making this card!  I got to do some colouring, which I love, and used one of my fav colours (Baja Breeze).  Here is what I did:
The images were all stamped at once using my clear-mount stamps and large acrylic block.  This allowed me to set up the scene with the correct spacing without wasting paper or having to us my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I love clear-mount for this reason (among many others!)  I stamped using Staz-on ink on watercolour paper and then coloured the images using my blender pen and ink pads.  I added little touches of Gold Lamme Smooch acccent ink to the tree.  I added the "snow" using my two-way glue pen and glitter so that my scene wasn't floating in mid-air.  I mounted the image on Real Red cardstock.  The background is a piece of Candy Cane DSP matted on Real Red cardstock and then adhered to a Baja Breeze card base.  I added a bow to the image layer using Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon and then adhered it to the background layer.  I also added a bit of bling with three Glimmer brads in Real Red.  The inside of the card uses the same layers as the front.  I stamped the little bird image in Staz-on and coloured him in using my markers and blender pen again.  I punched him out using my 3/4" circle punch and layered that on a small oval punchd in Real Red.  The sentiment is stamped in Wild Wasabi and punched with the word window and layered on a Real Red modern label. 
I am working on a Stationery Box set using this stamp set...I'll post it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...