Thursday, October 28, 2010

Treat Box makeover

Last month Stampin' Up! ran a Clearance Rack Blitz where many discontinued items were offered for online purchase at deeply discounted prices.  Being the good little shopper I am, I picked up all sorts of goodies; among them the Treat Boxes that were in last year's Occasions Mini.  These cute little boxes are sturdy but the colour scheme (Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel) just weren't cutting it for Christmas.  So, I decided to make it over into a sweet little Christmas box. 
Treat Box Christmas Make-Over

Close up of focal image with 3D ornament.
 When I began this project I had thought it would be a good one to offer as part of my Gift Giving class in December...then I realized just how involved it would be and thought better of it!  I will certainly use this little box in my own gift giving this year, but I think it would have to be a class all on it's own if I were to try to teach it to anybody else!
In case you want to try it yourself, here is a list of supplies I used:
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
Patterned Paper:  Jolly Holiday, PlayDate
Stamps:  Lovely as A Tree (for the pine bough from which the ornaments are hanging), Tags Till Christmas, Contempo Christmas
Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive
Fibers:  Double-stitched White Grosgrain (retired), 1/8" taffeta in Real Red and Old Olive, gold elastic cord (also retired)
Tools:  Big Shot, Top Note die, ornament punch, decorative label punch, word window punch (to punch the slot at the top)

This project uses LOTS of adhesive.  To adhere the layers of patterned paper to the cardstock I used the new Big Shot multipurpose adhesive sheets.  I am LOVING these things!  It makes adhering paper so easy and it DOES NOT come up.  I also used lots of sticky strip to adhere the various panels to the box.

If you want to try this yourself, do as much as you can prior to assembling the box...it is easier to work on a  flat surface!
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...