Monday, December 6, 2010

Wow...a non-Christmas card!

It has been so long since I've done a card that isn't for Christmas I was afraid I had forgotten how!  I was looking through some old posts and realized I've been doing Christmas since AUGUST!!  Time  for a change, folks!  Today's post is a cute birthday card I made for a friend of my son's.  She is turning two and I had fun making this girlie little card!
This is the first time I've use my number dies with my big shot!  LOVE how easily it cuts chipboard!

Close up of that slick chipboard number and the polka dot embossing.  I love my Big Shot!

Finally some stamping!  The Happy birthday image is from a retired set called Say it with Scallops.  The sentiment is from the current level one hostess set called Birthday Bakery.

Isn't this sweet?  I broke out my virgin blushing bride ink pad for this card.  I've had all of the in-colour inks since the summer but haven't even used most of them yet!  I kept the colour scheme very feminine...just pink and white.  The patterned paper on the front of the card is from the 6x6 DSP stack  level one hostess option.  I love that there is the option to get the DSP for the in-colours this way.  I raided my button stash for this card as well.  They are a cute little addition to the flower border at the top and bottom of the card.  The recipe for this one is pretty simple...just get in touch with your girlie side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...