Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bliss colour coach combo

In an effort to jump-start my creativity, I turned to my colour coach last night.  I wanted to find a combo that used a neutral with other more saturated colours.  The combo I settled on was sahara sand, bravo burgundy and pink pirouette.  Since I was also working on designs for a workshop on Saturday and I wanted to feature the Big Shot, I came up with this:

Card using Bliss SAB set and colour combo from the colour coach.
Close-up of focal image.

Trying to show the shimmer paint on the embossing!
So, when I began this card I was trying to come up with a workshop make-n-take...now that it's finished it definitely won't be a make-n-take...too many pearls!!  Here is what I did to put this together...

Starting with a sahara sand card base, I ran it through my Big Shot using my vintage wallpaper embossing folder.  I then sponged frost white shimmer paint all over the embossed surface and set it aside to dry.  I then took a piece of 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" pink pirouette cardstock and punched the corners using my ticket corner punch.  Using the flourish from the Bliss SAB set, I inked it in bravo burgundy, stamped off and then stamped on the pink cardstock, centring the image.  I then stamped the flower in full-strength bravo burgundy, the bird in sahara sand and the butterflies in sahara sand, and then again in frost white shimmer paint.  I sponged the edges of the pink piece in bravo burgundy and then sponged whole thing in shimmer paint.  I then punched two strips of bravo burgundy with my scallop border punch and adhered them along the top and bottom edges of the pink panel.  Setting this piece aside to dry, I took my embossed card base and wrapped a piece of 1 1/4"  pink pirouette grosgrain ribbon (retired, but available on the Clearance Rack online) around the card front, securing it with glue dots.  I then layered a piece of 1" bravo burgundy grosgrain ribbon over top of the pink, again securing it with glue dots.  I then took my pink panel and adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  For the sentiment, I stamped "Bliss" in bravo burgundy on very vanilla cardstock, punching it out with my large oval punch.  I also punched a designer label in sahara sand and sponged the edges of both pieces in bravo burgundy.  I layered the oval over the label and adhered them to the card using dimensionals.  The final touch on this card was the pearls along the scalloped border and in the centre of the flower...I just couldn't resist adding them, even though it made the card undoable at a workshop!  Maybe I'll use it for one of my clubs next month!  I purposely didn't add a sentiment to the inside because I thought it could work as both and anniversary and a wedding card.  We'll see what my club ladies think!

1 comment:

  1. Very elegant!!! I love it :) Following via stampin' connection.

    http://hollyshobbynook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...