Saturday, March 12, 2011

Time for some Easter fun!

With the start of March break (YAY I'm on holidays!) my thoughts always turn to Easter and the approach of spring.  Last night, while working on projects for my April classes and workshops, I came up with this cute little bunny treat holder.  I've seen several versions on various blogs and web forums, so I can't really say who to credit with the original concept, but whoever you are...thanks!  Here is my take on it...

Bunny treat holder created with punches and the top note die.


Close up of facial detail


Side view...I used the Box #2 die to create the box.
Isn't she sweet?  I had so much fun putting her together!  Here is what I did:

Starting with a 6" x 12" piece of whisper white cardstock, I ran it through my Big Shot using the Box #2 die.  I assembled the box, cutting off one of the side flaps so that I could use it vertically rather than horizontally.  I set this aside.  I ran two layers of whisper white cardstock through the Big Shot with my top note die.  I then punched 6 wide ovals, 2 large ovals and 2 1" circles from whisper white cardstock.  I sponged the edges of all the white pieces with sahara sand ink.  I then punched 2 large ovals, 2 3/4"x15/16" ovals, one of the smallest heart from the heart to heart punch, and 6 little circles from the Itty Bitty punch set from pretty in pink cardstock.   I sponged the edges of all the pink pieces in rose red.  I punched a small oval in bashful blue and sponged it in night of navy and another small oval from peach parfait and sponged it in the same coloured ink.  Finally, I punched 2 little circles (same size as the pink ones) from basic black cardstock and the branch from the two-step bird punch in pear pizzazz.  Then comes the fun part...assembling the bunny!
Starting with one of the top note dies laying in front of my  on my work surface, I layered the pink large ovals on the two of the white wide ovals to create the ears.  I then added  another large oval to each ear, placing it at an angle so it looks like the ear is flopped over.  I adhered both ears to the top of the top note.  I then took the two remaining wide ovals and added the 3/4"x15/16" ovals and the little pink circles to create the feet.  I adhered those to the bottom of the top note.  I then assembled  the mouth/nose/eyes by overlapping the two 1" circle slightly and adhering the little pink heart in the middle.  I cute the blue small oval in half to create two eyes and glued the little black circles on.  I then adhered the eyes to the 1" circles, making sure they were even.  I then glued the whole mouth/nose/eye piece to the top note.  The final pieces were the two large ovals which I glued on to the middle points on the top note to form arms.  I added the carrot which I created by gluing the branch to the back of the peach parfait small oval, sketching in faint lines with my peach parfait marker.  The final facial details were added by drawing in eyebrows and freckles with my sahara sand marker and the highlight in the eyes with my white gel pen.  A little pink gingham ribbon bow was the final touch.
To assemble the treat holder, I adhered my bunny to the front of the box I had  die cut and the second top note die cut to the back of the box. 
That's it!  A cute and simple little Easter treat holder.  Now I have to hide this from my son till the Easter Bunny comes!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE her! And thanks for the tutorial. My ladies will have a blast making her. TFS
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious!

    I'm your newest follower from SC...

    Angel Hawks
    Www.MakeSomethingCute.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunny is adorable! Thanks for the tutorial. I'll have to give it a try. Following you from SC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...