Friday, June 10, 2011

One more Flirtation for this week...

It has been such a busy week with an equally busy weekend ahead!  This is crunch-time at school...the final few days of summatives before we head into exams.  Summer still seems like a long way off, knowing how much I still have to get done at work and for my course.  The good news is that the end IS in sight...I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and I'll get there...I hope!  Today's post is a quick little bookmark I made for our monthly team meeting swap.  There were no rules other than to make a bookmark, so of course, I had to use some sneak peek products for mine!  Have a look...

Cute little book mark using a host of new products from the upcoming IB&C...can't wait to share this new catty with you all!
This was super-easy to put together, with one exception...threading the strip of Flirtatious fabric through that button was a HUGE pain in the neck!!!  And I did TEN of them!  I certainly won't be doing that again (though I do like the look!).  The other new products I used include the Delicate Doilies stamp set, Flirtatious DSP and the Lace Ribbon border punch.  I cut the base of the bookmark out with my Two Tags die and my Big Shot.  This bookmark is a bit unique in that it is designed to slide onto the page...you can see in the photo that it is hanging from a piece of cardstock.  I achieved that by adding a second scallop circle punch-out on the back that I adhered using dimensionals across the top portion of the circle.  The bookmark then slides over the page and stays put better than just tucking it between pages.
Ok...that's all I have time for tonight...I have to get ready for my "Out-With-The-Old" Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow morning!  I have some ladies coming to help me use up my retiring DSP and ribbon on 12 cards each!  Busy, busy, busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...