Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finally...a family day!

Today has been the BEST day!  It is the first day in weeks that I have been able to spend entirely with my family.  I got to sleep in until 10:00 (!!) am this morning and then we took our little guy to see The Backyardigans Live this afternoon.  It was so good to just spend time together without feeling like I am on a deadline.  This is what every Sunday should be like!  I actually (almost) feel ready to go back to work on Monday.  
Today's post is a card I designed for the Stamp-A-Stack I did on Wednesday.  It was the only card that wasn't chosen ahead of time by the ladies.  They requested a snowman card using traditional Christmas red and green.  See what I came up with:

Holiday card using the Snow Much Fun set and Frostwood Lodge DSP

Inside of card with sentiment from Many Merry Messages
You know, when I first saw this snowman set in the new catty it really didn't do much for me.  Perhaps it was because I was in the midst of planning swaps for convention during the heat of July, but whatever the reason I just wasn't all that excited about it.  I am happy to say that I was DEAD WRONG about this set!  It is just the cutest and all the many amazing designs I have seen featuring these images are just so inspiring!  In designing this card I tried to keep it simple, knowing that my ladies would be doing three other designs in the same evening.  In the interest of time, I avoided watercolouring the snowmen, though they would look even cuter with a little colour added.  The early espresso baker's twine wrapped around the cardfront and tied in a bow with the tiny little jingle bell as the perfect finishing touch reminds me a little of a package wrapped up ready to go under the tree.  I actually used this design as the inspiration for a card I designed for another SAS I did yesterday afternoon.  I'll show you that one later this week.  In the meantime I'm going to go spend some more quality time with my family!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, Leena, I wasn't blown away by this set when I first saw it either ... now, with all the samples I've seen, I'm really kicking myself for not ordering it!
    TFS!
    Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...