Sunday, December 4, 2011

NOT a Christmas Card!

I am so over Christmas cards.  I've been doing them since August and, quite frankly I am sick of them.  I held my last Christmas card class of the year today and all I can say is bring on Valentine's Day!  The card I have for you today is not a Christmas card.  It is a thank you card I designed for a class I am teaching at an upcoming weekend retreat in January.  The class is on watercolouring and so I chose one of my favourite hostess sets to colour:  Faith in Nature.  See what you think:

Thank you card using the Faith in Nature hostess set

Focal image detail
I just love this pear image.  I don't know why but it just really appeals to me.  I stamped it in versamark on watercolour paper and then heat embossed it in gold.  I watercolored it using my aquapainter and ink pads.  The rest of the card is pretty straightforward and uses more mustard, soft suede and crumb cake cardstock.  I am so looking forward to playing with my preorder items from the upcoming Occasions Mini...there's nothing like new goodies to jump-start the ol' Mojo!

1 comment:

  1. I believe I am taking this class Leena!
    Whoo hoo, can't wait 'til UTreat!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...