Thursday, April 10, 2014

For Father

I haven't had much stamping time the past couple of weeks with all of the birthday hoopla around here, so I have a card I designed a while back when I first received my Look Up to Father stamp.  It is super simple, but a perfect man-card:

Father's Day card featuring the Look up to Father stamp from the Occasions Catalogue as well as the Woodgrain background stamp.
This was a quick and easy card.  Even the watercolouring was done in a hurry with an aquapainter.  Sometimes I really enjoy just quickly throwing together a card without agonizing over layout and composition.  I started with a Very Vanilla card base that I stamped in Early Espresso with the Woodgrain background stamp.  I then sponged the whole thing in Soft Suede and the edges in Early Espresso.  The tree image is stamped in black Staz On and then watercoloured with an Aquapainter and Soft Suede, Old Olive and Garden Green ink pads.  I wrapped and tied some linen thread for texture and then  I layered the somewhat textured watercolour paper on a slightly larger Very Vanilla layer and popped it up with dimensionals.  I also added dimensionals when I adhered the image panel to the card base.  (Have I mentioned that I'm addicted to those things??)  The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock and trimmed into a pennant.  The finishing touch was three Candy Dots in Early Espresso. 

Inside view
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dozen in Early Espresso ink.  I inked the tree image using my markers and stamped it in the lower right corner.  Quick and easy and done in less than 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...