Monday, April 14, 2014

Blooming Birthday Wishes

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend.  The weather here was simply marvelous...certainly felt like spring was in the air...long may it last!
Today I have a card I designed for my upcoming Brides, Babies and Birthdays Card Buffet.  It uses one of my favourite stamp sets:  Blooming With Kindness:

Soft and pretty birthday card featuring the Blooming With Kindness stamp set and the Emboss Resist technique.
Isn't that pretty?  This was inspired by a design I saw on Pinterest and I just knew I had to give it a go.  I used the Emboss Resist technique to get the white flowers...it adds a lovely sheen to the design as well, as the clear embossing powder is glossy when set.  Here are some quick tips in case you want to try recreating this one:

  • Stamp the flower in Blushing Bride on Whisper White card stock.  Then stamp the other flowers using Versamark and heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
  • Sponge all over with Blushing Bride ink.
  • Sponge the edges with Primrose Petals ink.
  • The sentiment is stamped in Primrose Petals.
  • The butterfly is die cut using the Beautiful Wings embosslit.

For some reason I forgot to take a picture of the inside of this one.  It isn't all that exciting anyway...I just stamped the flower again in Blushing Bride and omitted a sentiment.  Sometimes it's nice to have space to write your own special message to the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...