Thursday, April 2, 2015

World's Greatest

Happy April!  I know yesterday was the first, but things have been a wee bit hectic the past couple of weeks and I just didn't get a chance to post.  I can't even tell you how happy I am to say good-bye to March and hello to the promise of spring.  What's even better is that Easter is this weekend!  My favourite Holiday AND my sweet boy's 8th birthday all in the same weekend!  Yup...life isn't slowing down anytime soon!

Today I have a Father's Day card for those of you who want to get a head-start on projects for the men in your life.  This one uses the Guy Greetings stamp set...

Father's Day card featuring the Guy Greetings, Dictionary Background and Extreme Elements (retired) stamp sets.
I began by stamping the Dictionary background on a piece of Whisper White card stock using Sahara Sand ink.  Then I stamped several images from the retired Extreme Elements set using Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey ink.  The DSP is from the Moonlight DSP stack.  The focal image, from the Guy Greetings set, is stamped in Smoky Slate ink and then coloured with the Smoky Slate and Skin Tone Blendabilities (still love those markers!).  I die cut the focal image using the Ovals Collection Framelits and then stamped more of the images from Extreme Elements, around the edges.  I also inked the edges in Sahara Sand to add to the grungy look. 



The sentiments, also from the Guy Greetings set, are stamped in Basic Gray and Lost Lagoon inks.  I fussy cut the curvy banner and used the banner punch to trim the ends of the straight one. I added some Burlap Trim and a couple of gold sequins for embellishment.  The entire card is built on a Sahara Sand card base.



On the inside I stamped the sentiment from Guy Greetings in Basic Gray and added more images from Extreme Elements in Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon inks.

Have a truly blessed Easter weekend with those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...