Sunday, June 21, 2015

Vintage Rose Congrats

Happy Sunday...and happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Today is the start of a new sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps.  You all know how much I love working with sketches and this one is a keeper...so many possibilities!  Check it out:




...and here is my DT project:

Wedding card featuring the Timeless Elegance DSP with sentiment from the Timeless Love stamp set
This is another card with very little stamping!  I let the gorgeous roses in the Timeless Elegance DSP do the heavy lifting in this one.  I used it for both the focal image and for the background mat.  I sponged the roses using a sponge dauber and Wisteria Wonder ink...not exactly one of my go-to colours, but one that is slowly growing on me thanks to it's versatility and ability to change hue depending on what other colours it is paired with.  Here, with the greys and black, it takes on a much grayer tone than when paired with other, brighter colours. 


The Very Vanilla background panel is embossed using the new Elegant Dots TIEF and is layered on a card base of Basic Gray.  I added some silver 5/8" satin ribbon, a Vintage Faceted button and some silver metallic thread by way of embellishment.  The sentiment, from the Timeless Love stamp set, is heat embossed in silver on vellum. I decided that I had to make a coordinating gift bag for this card, so I pulled out my new Gift Bag Punch Board and another sheet of Timeless Elegance DSP and about 5 minutes later I had a beautiful coordinating gift bag :)


Now, as I mentioned above, this sketch is super-versatile!  Just check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and you'll see how many amazing possibilities there are.  You'll have lots of time to give this one a go and enter our challenge, as this one runs for three weeks due to the July 4th holiday weekend.  So go get inky and give our challenge a try! 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Leena
    I visiting all the DT today hehe and now your card..
    oh dear that DSP really have a lovely image
    I adore that rose and so perfectly with our sketch challenge this time
    great DT card dear teammate
    see you soon on my DT card..
    big hugs.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. your flowers look like a photo! Super amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of the DSP and the button and silver twine add so much elegance. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for having me along as GD this month
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...