Sunday, August 23, 2015

A New Sketch Challenge

Happy Sunday to you!  I hope you are having a good weekend.  Today marks the start of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps and this is a great one!  Check out this super-versatile sketch:




...and here is my festive take on it:

Christmas card featuring the Jingle all the Way stamp set and coordinating Sleigh Ride Edgelits (available in a discounted bundle) as well as the Season of Cheer DSP, all available on September 1st in the new 2015 Holiday Catalogue.
I immediately thought of the Sleigh Ride Edgelits when I saw this sketch.  They are fantastic and make quick and easy Holiday cards.  Here I began with a piece od Season of Cheer DSP and then used the Edgelits to die-cut the bottom edge, giving me the negative image.  I layered that on a piece of Whisper White card stock, stamped and heat embossed my sentiment from the Jingle all the Way stamp set in silver and adhered it to a Night of Navy card base.

The final touch, which isn't really visible in any of these photos, was to add sparkle to each of the snowflakes on the DSP.  I used the new Fine-Tip Glue Pen to add little dots of glue to the centre and points of each snowflake and then sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  The result is so pretty and sparkly...just like real falling snow.

On the inside I adhered the left-over die-cut piece from the front to a Whisper White panel and stamped another sentiment from the Jingle all the Way set in Night of Navy ink.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects for inspiration and then give this versatile sketch a try!  Don't forget to link up over at Sunday Stamps so we can all share in your creative genius ;)

Here is a list of the Holiday Catalogue products I used to create this card, along with the page numbers you will find them on:

Jingle all the Way Stamp Set (CM 139907, WM 139904) pg. 12
Sleigh Ride Edgelits (139670) pg. 12
Fine-Tip Glue Pen (138309) pg. 43
Season of Cheer DSP (139590) pg. 29

Here are the rest of the products I used to create this card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...